This plaque represents the Durrani state presence in British India. It identifies the Durrani state bonded warehouse in the famous Qissa Khani bazaar in Peshawar's old city. Although established in 1935, one or a number of similar Durrani state facilities and institutions existed in colonial Peshawar during the nineteenth century. It is interesting to note that although dubbed the "Pashtun Fort," the document is written in Persian.
Copyright 2008 by author.